Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Arriving in Delhi


My arrival in Delhi couldn't have been smoother. I arrived early, with no trouble getting through customs and exchanging money.  Mr. Radhakanta was already waiting for me at the arrival gate, with his handwritten sign.

For my first week in India, I was hosted by a couple of very prominent Indian artist. Alexis had connections with the couple through a family friend, and they graciously agreed to host the two of us while we were staying in Delhi. 


Their studio on the basement level.
  
Their home was like living in a museum, with their paintings and sculptures displayed majestically in each room.
 

a view from the roof

During my stay they took care off all my meals, answered any of my questions, and arranged for a private driver to take us all around the city. I was taken care of so well by everyone I encountered.  I was a complete stranger that they let into their home and treated as if I was family. The kindness was overwhelming.


I had arrived two days earlier than Alexis, so I spent that time waiting for her in the house relaxing, decompressing, and drinking chai tea. I got to spend time with my yoga, drawing, writing, and admiring my surroundings.  I even got through reading Murikami's "Kafka on the Shore."

No comments:

Post a Comment