Sunday, December 18, 2016

JANELLE EXPLORES SAN DIEGO

As Andrew made his 14 hour bike ride to San Diego, I took my car.  Even after leaving 5 hours after he did, I arrived in San Diego with much time to spare.  So I spent the day exploring parts of San Diego by myself.

First stop was lunch, where right next door to one another was a Phil's BBQ and a Hammond's Ice Cream.  I ordered a mini portion of baby back rib at Phil's and a flight of mini cones at Hammond's . I felt like a giant.

Sticker, which proclaimed by n00bness at Phil's.
Strawberry-banana-oreo, coffee, and thai tea.

Next I went to Sunset Cliffs to, duh, watch the sunset. Walking into the park you can find all sorts of nooks and crannies to settle into.  Armed with a blanket and a book, I found a comfy spot and waited for the sun to say goodbye for the day.


By then it was dark and I drove to Waterfront Park, where I was going to meet Andrew. Many of the buildings in the area were lit with Christmas colors.


I arrived earlier than he did, so I walked around the streets near Little Italy only to stumble upon THIS:

The Shangri-La at Extraordinary Desserts

When I finally got to pick up Andrew, it was 6 hours later than he had projected to arrive.  We didn't even end up at Waterfront Park.  Instead I picked him up at a Rubios in the outskirts of SD.  He had made it though, freezing, exhausted, and bum-bruised.  Although he looked half-dead, I couldn't have been more proud.  We drove straight to our airbnb, where he promptly passed out.

No comments:

Post a Comment