Sunday, March 16, 2014

Pai Circus School

I realized that I actually prefer forest to oceans, grass to sand, and moving my body to laying it down. So I decided to pack my bags/ beach clothes and head to the city of Pai, in the north of Thailand.

I had been hearing about this city (and had been recommended it) since traveling through India, so I thought I'd check it out.  After researching I found Pai Circus School and Guesthouse, a backpacker's hostel with simple private bungalows an amazing view.  Circus classes were taught there every day, including poi, juggling, devil sticks, unicycle, and slack line.

Perfect. Exactly what I was looking for.


Walking past farms and cows in Pai

At the top of the hill, people practicng hooping, juggling, slackline, and spinning.


One of the communal areas.

Each night they had fire juggling, which is much safer than you think.

And every day, you could bask in the sunset.




A good view never gets old.

It's VERY simple accommodations, more like camping than a hotel (it got so cold at night).  But the atmosphere is just lovely. And there are good vibes from people who just want to move and play and learn and teach and share. 

I stayed a week here, mainly practicing yoga and poi.  Some people saw me practicing yoga in the mornings and I ended up leading a morning yoga session the last few days I was here.  

No comments:

Post a Comment