Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Angkor Wat Day III

These are pictures from the last few ruins that I visited at Angkor Wat Park.








The distinct feature here are the faces carved into the towers.



This places was used for public ceremonies as a reviewing stand and audience hall.


gigantic walls of carvings etched right into the stone

upclose





Around the Royal Enclosure





North Gate


The trees were growing out from the lake.

For anyone able and visiting Angkor Wat, I really recommend spending at least one day renting a bike. My favorite memories of my time here were of riding around these massive ancient structures while listening to my iPod. The streets are well paved, the temples are easy to navigate to, and you can take any detours or rest stops you'd like. And if I can ride a bike around here, anyone can!

No comments:

Post a Comment