Saturday, March 15, 2014

Koh Chang

After Cambodia, I made the trip to the south of Thailand to visit the islands and beaches.

I took a two buses, a boat, and a shared taxi to get to the island.

I arrived in the evening and spent the next full day in the south part of Koh Chang, the second largest island in Thailand.

Koh Chang  is part beach, part jungle national park. Lots of green lush vegetation.



I got a early start to my day and went walking. I ended up on a huge pier/dock where I took breakfast.


Atypical breakfast feast of fried fish curry.


All along the perimeter of the island you can find any sort of accommodations from five star resorts to budget hostels to private bungalows. Here's a view from a simple private bungalow.



And of course, I spent some time at the beach soaking up the sun, eating, drinking, and reading my book.



Just like in Goa in India, there were a number of food/drink shacks along the beach.





It was the beach life for sure!  But turns out, beach life is not for me. I got rather bored! My original plan was to island hop for the next week and spend my days hula hooping and doing yoga on the beach.  There were no hula hoops in sight and I soon found out these were not the kind of secluded beaches where you can get your asana/meditation on. I don't really know where in Thailand I could have gone to find that.

So rather than waste anymore time in Koh Chang, I decided to head back to the north of Thailand to join a circus school.

No comments:

Post a Comment