Monday, March 24, 2014

Arriving in India (again!)

I missed my flight out of Bangkok to Delhi and it was 100% my fault.  I simply didn't double check my departure time. Well, mistakes happen to everyone and  every mistake is an opportunity to learn. I can be sure not to make the same mistake in the future! And actually, I wasn't so upset with myself. Simply because there was nothing else I could do about the situation. And if you can't do anything about the situation, why worry? Why get upset?

150 USD and 14 hours at the Bangkok airport later and I was on my way back to India.

I was again accepted into Jaya's home.  They arranged pick up at the airport, fed me at their home, and later brought me to the train station.

The first thing I did in India-- have a cup of chai.

As a thank you gift, I gave Jaya some Thailand treats and a picture I drew that was inspired by her art.  You can see Jaya's by clicking this link

The pictures I drew. She said it was "cute" and coming form an artist that is a complement!

Jaya and her family helped arrange and book my train ticket to Rishikesh. I really couldn't have done it without their help. They got me a seat on the sleeper train which was quite comfortable. 

At the train station

My own compartment where I could sleep on the 5 hour journey.

During this trip I have been overwhelmed by the kindness of strangers.  The entire journey from Delhi airport to Rishikesh, I was never alone. People were helping my all along the way, whether it was showing me where my seat was or sharing a taxi. It's been like this for my entire journey and I am so grateful. Compassion is humanity at it's best!

No comments:

Post a Comment