Friday, May 3, 2013

Toaster Oven Cooking: Roasted Red Bell Peppers

I have never been one to cook so much at home, but I am slowly slowly learning in my spare time and whenever inspiration strikes me. Inspiration found me in the form of organic pasta ingredients on super sale at my local Home Plus.

A small victory: Organic Pasta and The Simpsons Pasta on SALE!

Since buying fruits and vegetables are pretty expensive, I also only buy produce when it is discounted.  Luckily enough, there were red bell peppers on sale; perfect to add onto pasta.

I used my toaster oven (the single most used appliance in my kitchen since I've moved here) to roast the bell peppers. I LOVE using a toaster oven because it is so easy to use and super easy to clean. I was able to find instructions to prepare them here. I then added the bell peppers to my pasta sauce with garlic, onion, mushroom, and seasoning.



And there you go, I made super easy pasta that fed me for the next five meals.

No comments:

Post a Comment