Thursday, May 23, 2013

Teaching: Term II

Some of my mantras, to inspire me in the classroom and in life.

It is hard to believe that I am half way done with my time in Korea. I have taught English for two 13 week terms.  Now I only have another 26 more weeks to go.

With each passing day and each class taught, I feel myself growing as a teacher and connecting more with the students. I had an amazing second term and was so lucky to have met the students that I spent it with.

First off, I was able to change classrooms into a more larger space. I took the time to add posters, etc. to the walls to make it feel like classroom.

UPGRADED

from the front of the class

I decorated the walls with quotes and large sheets of paper that the students could draw on.

One of my teaching mantras...

I would display the student's work on a mini clothespin line--- super easy to change out work.




A world map!  One of our books was about "Map Man" and his travels around the globe.
The students had fun making decorations for our class map.

I even made an appearance in South America.

What truly and honestly made this term special was the students.  They were brilliant, creative, ingenious, and fun beyond compare. They made ME smile everyday when I cam to work.


They amaze me.

Even the middle school students were so awesome.  Even though they would rather be a million other places than learning English throughout the hours of the, they still worked really hard.  At times they were the most challenging, but in the end the most rewarding classes.

My students taking a break after final evaluation testing. Poor things.

^^

^^

At our class pizza party! KOMBE!


I can feel that this last term was particularly special. I am so sad to see it go and terrified once again of what the new term will bring. Next, I will be teaching the younger students, some of who are just being exposed to English for the first time. A new set of students, a new classroom, and new curriculum. Although I am sad to see the last term go, I am grateful that I had the experience at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment