Sunday, May 12, 2013

Fukuoka Japan | Day 2

Day two in Japan started out awesome in the least place expected, the 7-Eleven. The 7-Elevens in Japan surpass convenient store standards by far.  They are stacked with fresh meals including salads, sandwiches, and rice balls. I went it just to buy water, but was able to buy my whole breakfast for under 5 US dollars. 

Eating my breakfast at a nearby park. Thanks 7-Eleven.


Next, more random pictures of things I saw riding my bike around the city.






My first destination of the day was Shofukuji Temple and Tochohi Temple.





The Avatar!?

At the first temple, I met some cats.

We became close friends.

Maybe too close...

At the second temple they were doing some sort of photo shoot. The kimono was just stunning.
The Japanese know a thing or two about beauty, for sure.



The next destination was Rakusien. This was my favorite time the whole weekend. It was a tiny Japanese garden set around a waterfall pond. The space was so tranquil. I could sit there the whole day drinking green tea.


This was the best matcha tea I have had. EVER.





The pond was full of huge, beautiful, magical creatures. I even got to feed some of these dragons, I mean, koi fish. :)



Then I biked over to Canal City. There's a canal that runs through Fukuoka and along the canal they built a huge, high end shopping center.


There were two stores in particular I wanted to look through, Uniqlo and Muji.

They have the Uniqlo brand in Korea too.
It's like the the Japanese version of the Gap.

And then Muji was awesome! Kind of like a IKEA meets Banana Republic.
Anything you would need with a  simple, clean design.

And then I ate some more ramen, duh.

Also at Canal City were three floors of game rooms, arcades, claw machines, and photo booths. I could have spent the entire night there. But I didn't.  There was one more place I wanted to see before I left Fukuoka.




Lastly, I followed the road up the canal towards Fukuoka's open air food stalls (yatai).

The food carts stretch side by side along a portion the canal.


Yeah, I did.

Dessert and cats.

The canal at night.

Thank you Fukuoka. I loved our time together. And Japan, I'll be back for you again soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment