Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Singapore Airport and Arriving in Thailand

After leaving India and Alexis, my solo journey began. It started out rough, as I got motion sickness from the bus ride to the airport. It did not feel good to be alone! But I was able to make it to the airport just fine.

From Kochin to Chiang Mai, I had a 4 hour stop over in Singapore at the BEST airport I have ever been to. It was quite a culture shock actually. I was surprised to suddenly be surrounded by so much luxury and technology. The airport was like it's own little city, with all kinds of high end stores and restaurants among many other things. Here's a glimpse of a few things that were in Terminal 2.

Indoor Orchid Garden, complete with a Koi Pond. All the plants were real.

In the Orchid Garden, a GIANT glass flower bouquet.

Rooms and floors with gaming consoles. Completely free to play.

The airport had several places people could watch sports games or movies.

There were even prayer and meditation rooms.

Everywhere were touchscreens for patrons to rate their experience. Even in the toilet, which I rated excellent. :D


I was happy to spend my layover in Singapore. It was the perfect comfort after my not so comfortable beginnings. The plane ride to Chiang Mai was smooth and I couldn't help but get a good feeling as I saw my first glimpse of Thailand through the plane window.

Gorgeous view from my window.

Sawatdee kah Thailand!

No comments:

Post a Comment