Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Couchsurfing with Shayne

These little alters are all over the streets in Chiang Mai

Arriving in Thailand, I met my couchsurfing host, Shayne. Originally from Australia, he has traveled all around the world and is currently working as a volunteer in Chiang Mai.  Shayne was genuinely interested in helping others, as well as sharing/learning from each other. He really embodied the Couchsurfing spirit! Shayne was the perfect host, so accommodating to myself and the other surfers who were staying with him.  The first night he took us to a CS dinner to meet other travelers.

I am so glad that I decided to Couchsurf during this trip. I highly recommend it to people who are traveling, as it can be a really great way to connect with people and get a local experience. I've met some really genuine, kind, and open minded people through this venue.

at the CS dinner

Shine and Shayne

No comments:

Post a Comment