Saturday, November 30, 2013

Things I will miss about Korea

Korea has introduced me to some incredible people and experiences. I've made my home there and found my favorite places to eat, walk, or have a cup of tea. This is a list of the top five things I will miss about Korea. The list does not include people or places, but rather things I will miss about everyday living.


5. Walking or biking to work. My work was a 10 minute bike ride along the stream. Not only did I LOVE my bike, Bert. But the ride to and from work was a soothing transition to and from home. I will definitely remember that route for the rest of my life.

4. Digital door locks. I never had any keys in Korea. My apartment was a digital door lock, where you just had to enter the right code. No worries about being locked out ever. In general, Korea is so safe I hardly had to worry about anything ever getting stolen. I'll miss that as well.

3. Heated floors. Many apartments are heated through the floor. There is nothing like a warm heated floor to lay on on a cold winter day.

2. Jimjilbangs. I have come to love public bath houses. There is nothing more relaxing than decompressing in a warm bath, putting on some pajama type robes and lying around with the sole purpose of relaxing. Korea's got something special with this.

1. Banchon. With unlimited individualized side dishes, you could personalize every single bite. It was always a tasty surprise what kind of banchon came with your meal. I will miss you Korean food!

No comments:

Post a Comment