Saturday, June 22, 2013

Yoga Marathon

My highlight experience in Korea was taking part and teaching in a yoga marathon. I am so incredibly grateful to have had this experience here, much more an experience like this in my lifetime.

For quite some time now I've struggled with calling myself a yoga teacher. How can I teach a "good" class, when I still have so much to learn?  What do I have to offer, when I'm still working on taking care of myself? 

But I love sharing yoga with others. Rarely do we carve out the space and the time to take care of ourselves. Not just strengthening and stretching our physical bodies-- but to really be with ourselves, exactly as we are without judgement. There is nothing that needs to get done. There is nothing to prove or to be. We remind ourselves that in this moment we are alive and breathing and it's enough. In fact it's more than enough, it's miraculous.

Strength, flexibility, balance, curiosity, discipline, patience, compassion, playfulness, a steady breath-- yoga cultivates these things. And the more we practice these aspects on the mat, the more these aspects begin to show up into our daily lives and the more peaceful our world becomes. A room full of practicing yogis is a beautiful thing.

For four hours we flowed, sweat, played, laughed, tumbled, and breathed. We started with a warm up flow, then an inversion workshop, and acroyoga "playshop", and closed with learning pranayama techniques. All the profits went directly to an outstanding cause: The Africa Yoga Project.

Teaching along side three other amazing yoga teachers.



acroyoga


spelling out words

this one says "yoga"

partner yoga


Teaching and learning yoga is turning out to be both the most inspiring and humbling experience. 
Namaste Busan, namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment