Saturday, January 5, 2013

4D & Beomeosa Temple

Anne's sister Renee arrived in Korea, and for the first time since our epic Utah backpacking trip in October we are all together again. 

We celebrated Renee's arrival by going to dinner at The Loving Hut (an entirely vegan restaurant with chains even in California).  Then we went to see The Hobbit in 4-D.  That's right, 4-D.  I have never heard of a 4-D movie before, so you can imagine my surprise as the the chairs began moving and blowing air at me.  At different points of the movie I was flying over Rivendell, smelling the grass of The Shire, and being punched by goblins.  Really fun!




The next day we went to Beomeosa Temple with a friend from our language exchange group.


One of the prayer halls that was unpainted.

Detail of the patterns on the temples

rock piles


Anne, Renee, Vicky, and myself.

Afterwards we went to Lotte department store.  Lotte is like a mall with many different shops, but it is all one store.  On the top floor there are several restaurants.  We went to one specializing in my current favorite food, bibibap.

BIBIMBAP
::DROOL::

No comments:

Post a Comment