Sunday, January 20, 2013

A Reflection.




It's difficult to say why I ultimately decided to move to Korea.  I spent months deliberating the idea.  I went back and forth on my decision numerous times, as often happens when I am faced with even the simplest of  choices.

But around that time, I began reading The Alchemist by Paulo Coelho- a novel that even now I consider it to be one of my holy texts.  I believe that this story, above all else, gave me courage to be where I am now.  And this is what I decided for myself:

The entire universe has conspired to bring me to this point in my life-- to learn, to grow, to share, and to love.  To follow the gentle tug of my heart towards the direction of my dreams.  To stand in the wake of  fear, challenges, and hardship because they will teach me exactly what I need to learn.  To slowly, slowly, slowly become the person I was born to be.


No comments:

Post a Comment