Sunday, December 2, 2012

Mountain Climbing

perspective

This weekend Anne and I took a hike up Jansang Mountain to gain some perspective.  I had a really difficult time adjusting to to work the first week.  It was necessary to get away from it all and reconnect with why I decided to come in the first place.  To experience the world, right? Oh, I was doing that already? Cool.

Hiking (or trekking as it is called here) is predominately for the older generation and sure enough, we were the youngest ladies there.  I felt like such a n00b, compared to the locals.  Slipping and sliding at every step--  I could only watch in awe as all the ajummas and ajeossis passed me by.  They were so so so cool.

I will be putting many miles on these shoes.

Seriously though, this is a trail?

View of Hauendae, a city by the sea.

Then of course, Anne and I had a fantastic feast! Something I definitely love here-- inexpensive, delicious food with many side dishes!

We counted 16 different items that were placed in front of us.
::DROOL::

Also, just a random seafood market we stumbled upon.

One of many more great days to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment