Friday, November 30, 2012

Working

My shoebox classroom.


Holy cow, work is hard!  Trying something new is hard! Will I ever get to that point where work is easy?  When I don't have to put so much effort?  When I can become an expert at something? Maybe not.

Everyone says it gets better.  And yes, it's true each day I am becoming more comfortable.

But it's good for me to remember that not everything can be easy all the time.  That at some point everything was difficult for me, even walking.  Fearlessness and effort and many mistakes, may be the key to success!

workfeet

On a high note, the students I work with are BRILLIANT.  Not only do these students read, discuss, and criticize academic articles above their comprehension levels-- they do it in their second language.  Some of the students don't really want to be here, but who can blame them?  A three hour academic course after their full school day would be rough for anyone.

Seriously though, these kids are so bright!


Um... they just decided to draw a map of the world on the whiteboard.
They knew more country names than I did.




No comments:

Post a Comment