Saturday, November 24, 2012

Being

안녕하세요!

Training for work was more rigorous than I expected it to be. But luckily, I have some experience teaching so the experience wasn't as daunting.  Between teaching a class of 6 year olds vs. a class of adults-- not so different as I thought it would be.

Directly after our final evaluation we were given information about our hagweon (school).  Some of us had taxis waiting outside to take us directly to our new homes.  I, on the other hand, was one of the few to stay in the hotel another night and be picked up the following day.

As I walked back to the hotel by myself I had a realization.  At that moment, I was alone and without a plan for the first time since I landed in Korea.  There was nothing I needed to do.  There was nowhere I needed to be.  It was both terrifying and liberating.


And so begins a series of my feet all over Korea...

So, I walked the streets of Seoul for a while and when it began to get dark I made my way back to my hotel room.  I turned on the TV to listen to Korean programming while I finished my left overs and drank a can of Cass.  And after this lengthy, heavy week, I called it a night.

No comments:

Post a Comment