Saturday, November 17, 2012

Arriving

I'm here.

After a an hour in San Fransisco traffic, a twelve hour flight, and a three hour bus ride later I arrived in Seoul's Gangnam district where I would stay for the week long work training.

Subway station #222

Seoul streets

and of course, #littlekids, #socute, #iamacreeper

The next day I went exploring Seoul.  Training for work started the next day, so for now this would be my only opportunity to do some sight seeing

First, Bongeunsa Temple.  A Buddhist temple situated in the midst of the bustling city.

as we entered the temple

one of the many prayer halls

architecture



In the evening I met with Jessica, a very close friend from college (TUNAMELTS shout-out! ).  Jessica has been living and working in Seoul since we graduated college. She treated us to dinner and took us to Seoul's Lantern Festival.

first thing we saw was this LANTERN TEMPLE!

The festival was held at Cheonggyecheon, the public stream part in downtown Seoul.

one of the many elaborate pieces on the river

under the bridge was my favorite piece



a collaborative piece

and up close... notes written!

><(((*>

Here is a video of us walking through the lantern temple!





No comments:

Post a Comment