Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Ariving in Siem Reap

I took the long and arduous journey from Chiang Mai, Thailand to Battambang, Cambodia for my Vipassana Meditation course. It was not easy.

Step 1: Take an overnight train from Chiang Mai to Bangkok. (12 hours)

Chiang Mai Train Station

The seats were actually quite comfortable!

Step 2: Take a taxi to Bangkok Bus Station. (20 min)

Step 3: Take direct bus from Bangkok, Thailand to Siem Reap, Cambodia. Try to avoid being scammed as much as possible at the border crossing. (8 hours)

With my tag, identifying my as a foreigner crossing the border.

Step 4: Arrive in Siem Reap late at night and stay overnight in a hostel.

At dusk, my first view of Siem Reap.

Step 5: Take bus from Siem Reap to Battambang. (5-6 hours)

Step 6: Take tuk tuk to Vipassana Center. (30 min)

I was straight up traveling for two days. No one ever shows pictures about how tiring it can be traveling from one place to another, but it is! Especially when you're on a budget. Luckily I made it just in time to Battambang. And the entire journey was worth the experience that was to come over the next 10 days.

No comments:

Post a Comment