Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Rooftop Prince and Hodaks

I have been watching Korean dramas to help me hear and learn the language.  I've tried a few different series and none of them really captured my interest until I started watching Rooftop Prince.  From the first episode, I was instantly hooked.



For as many cliched TV drama stereotypes were present (amnesia, doppelgangers, comas, long lost parents, loads of crying, etc.), the series was still so fun for me to watch!  The unique story line is based on a time transcending murder mystery and love story.  The characters are endearing and hilarious.  The production and cinematography are very high quality- I believe it was made only last year. I couldn't wait to come home and watch it every night.

But sadly, (as everything in life) it was time for the series to come to an end.  So, in celebration for the final episodes I decided to make hodaks, or Korean pancakes, from a box at home.

Had to use the pictures and my inference abilities
to figure out how to make these guys.

brown sugar goodness

Step 1:  Mix the contents of the dough package, yeast, and 250 ml water.
Let sit for about 20 min.


Step 2: Flatten some dough on the palm of your hand.
 Scoop a spoonful of sugar into the middle of the dough.
Pinch outsides edges together at the top, creating a sugar encased dough ball.
For me, this got really messy and sticky!


Step 3: Fry these bad boys up!  Use the pressing tool that comes with the box.

OMG YUM.


Step 5: Enjoy in bed while watching your favorite K-drama.
And cry when it's over .

No comments:

Post a Comment