Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Grassvalley with Ivan and Joie

I hadn't been to Ivan and Joie's place in Grassvalley since they moved in.  My oh my, have they really made this place home.  Being here truly made me long to create a family of love and compassion myself.











In the evening, they took me to experience the Nevada City Victorian Christmas.  Nevada City was originally a gold mining town.  The city has done an excellent job preserving the architecture and the buildings are simply stunning lit up by Christmas lights.  There's also an interesting mix of historical preservation and new aged hippiness.  Though the building look like they are from the early 1900's inside the shops are all sorts of metaphysical shops, herbal stores, and spiritual inspired art.  This was truly a groovy town that I plan to be back and visit someday!

Gorgeous!

A perfect cup of hot chocolate for the evening stroll.

Buddha holding baby Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment