Sunday, June 1, 2014

Ayurvedic Treatment

My "medicines"

I went back to Vevik to have an ayurvedic consultation. He confirmed what I had already felt: I am generally healthy, but have an excess of vatta and not enough pitta. This meant that I had an excess of the air element in my body and a lack of the fire element which makes it difficult for food to be properly digested resulting in sluggishness and skin breakouts.

My ayurvedic prescription looked something like this:
  • two types of pranayama techniques
  • a teaspoon of caster oil with milk before bed
  • safi (an herbal blood purifier) two times a day
  • rosewater and turmeric powder mask at night
  • eat lots of fruits
  • eat less white flour and caffeinated beverages
  • eat less cold foods
  • plenty of sleep
  • reduce stress

Amazing. 

I wish I could have taken before and after photos. Within the first two weeks I felt and saw noticeable difference in my energy levels and my skin, all without using any harsh chemicals or medicines!

No comments:

Post a Comment