Saturday, July 27, 2013

Cupcake Decorating

When I first heard of decorating cupcakes from this blog, I knew I had to go! And when I mentioned the idea to Renee, she was IN at the word "cupcake". So Renee and I went to Dan Hana Cake in Seomyeon to get our cupcake decorating on.  

Dan Hana Cake is a cake/cupcake decorating shop equip with different varieties of frosting and cakes-- all sorts of flavors, colors, and shapes.  Not to mention a boat load of cute decorations! SO FUN. First, you choose the flavors of cakes and frosting. Renee and I decided to go for a variety pack of cupcakes with chocolate and strawberry frosting.

Step 1: Frost the cakes.

My first time piping frosting!





Step 2: Choose the decorations.

Keeping it simple and classy.


Step 3: Create masterpieces.


Renee made an AMAZING cat cupcake!

Who knew cupcake decorating could be so intricate? We were FOCUSED.


Step 4: Take a bigillion pictures of your creations because very soon you will eat them.

Renee made the Cat and Smokey the Bear. I made the fox/mouse? looking guy.

More fun creations!


Our complete set of six. Boxed up and ready to go. And yea, they were pretty tasty!



Directions to Dan Hana Cake:
From Seomyeon, take Exit 2. Walk directly out of the exit for about 2 blocks.  Dan Hana is right after the Paris Baguette. See link above for a map.

No comments:

Post a Comment